There seems to always be a big debate between waffle and pancake lovers on who wins the award for the best breakfast. Well for the record, I love both. But today, it’s all about eggnog! So let’s dig into one of my holiday breakfast favorites, Easy Eggnog Pancakes.
So what makes a good pancake a great pancake? First, it has to be tender on the top and the bottom. Second, crispy edges are a must. And third…eggnog (of course)! Nothing says holidays like adding eggnog to your pancakes. The eggnog flavor isn’t overpowering and the hint of sweetness is well-balanced.
But, eggnog isn’t the only great-tasting ingredient in this recipe. It’s amazing what lemon zest does and combining that with vanilla extract makes it extra special.
Tips when making Eggnog Pancakes:
- If you have a homemade eggnog recipe then use that. However, if you have a favorite store-bought version it will still give you the same awesome results.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients prior to adding any wet ingredients. This ensures the consistency comes out as expected.
The combination of melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg brings back childhood memories. I can still remember being in the kitchen with my grandmother where she showed me all of the tricks to the trade.
When you want to wake the family up to the aroma of pancakes that will take you to a place of euphoria give these Easy Eggnog Pancakes a spot on your breakfast menu and you will not regret it. Enjoy!
Here are a few more pancake and waffle recipes you might enjoy:
- Light & Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Blueberry Lemonade Belgian Waffles
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Waffle
- Eggnog Chicken and Waffles
- Sweet Potato Pancakes