Forget about takeout when you can make this Vegetable Lo Mein at home is less than 20 minutes! The perfect quick pasta dish with a light and healthy twist.
I remember the days of playing college football and going to the Chinese buffet ready to kick ass and take names! Speaking of the food, that is. 🙂
One dish that would always be on my plate first was the lo mein noodles. Lo mein is a Chinese stir fry dish that consists of egg noodles and a variety of vegetables along with an optional meat addition like chicken or beef (or even tofu).
Today I bring to you my version of the dish I truly enjoyed growing up and that’s the simple and easy to make Vegetable Lo Mein. I decided to rock out with a veggie-only dish and the flavors from the stir-fried shiitake mushrooms, carrots, red peppers, and spinach bring this dinner idea full circle.
The aroma from the garlic and green onions are awesome and once the noodles are added to the pan you can bet the soy sauce mixture is coming along with it. The noodles soak up all the tangy sauce and the vegetables share in the celebration. This came to be one of those dishes that makes frequent guest appearances at my dinner table.
Here are a few more pasta recipes you should try:Print
Forget about takeout when you can make this Vegetable Lo Mein at home is less than 20 minutes!
- 8 oz. Organic Chinese LoMein
- 1/2 Whole Red Pepper
- 5 oz Organic Julienne Carrots
- 4 oz Golden Oak Shiitake Mushrooms
- 5 oz Fresh Leaf Spinach
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Green Onions Chopped
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Begin by heating large cooking pan to medium heat then add 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add minced garlic and green onion to cooking pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add mushrooms, carrots and red peppers to cooking pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring. Add fresh spinach and allow to cook down, then reduce heat to medium/low heat.
- In a small bowl, add sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce and whisk until it binds.
- Cook lo mein according to cooking instructions, drain, and immediately add to cooking pan with sauteed vegetables.
- Add soy sauce mixture into the pan over the noodles. Stir all ingredients well then serve hot.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 6.3g
Keywords: Vegetable Lo Mein, Lo Mein, Vegetable Noodles