I can openly admit that I suffer from a case of the sweet tooth and these Luscious Lemon Bars do not help to keep this condition under control – at all.
This is a simple recipe but the flavors are awesome! Mixing lemon juice, lemon zest, and sugar line up together in sweet harmony.
The bars are chewy on the inside with a slight crunch coming from the bottom of the bar. The bottom bar is a very simple gathering of butter, flour, and sugar but it carries a lot of weight when it comes to the texture that needed with any type of dessert that has layers of goodness.
The family loved these so much they only lasted a few hours after removing from the oven!
Tips when making Lemon Bars:
While using your zester to get the delicate lemon skin from your lemon, be sure to scrape the outer skin evenly to maximize the amount you extract from each lemon.
Leaving a thin layer of skin will also make juicing your lemon easier!
The resulting chewy texture is very important with this recipe, so keeping this recipe on a timer while in the oven will help to prevent overcooking.
If you want to impress your co-workers at the next company pot-luck give this recipe a try and I think you will get repeat requests because they will love them. If you love sweets and you love the taste of lemons, these Luscious Lemon Bars are a must-have.
Here are a few of my favorite lemon recipes you might also enjoy:
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies
- Cherry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Blueberry Lemonade Belgian Waffles
- Easy 5-Ingredient Lemon Icebox Pie
Mixing lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar line up together in sweet harmony in these Luscious Lemon Bars. If you love sweets and lemons, these are a must.
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 and 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Powder Sugar
For the Lemon Topping:
- 4 Large Organic Brown Eggs
- 2 Medium Lemons for Juice and Zest
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 and 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Begin by adding all purpose flour, sugar, powder sugar and soft butter into a large bowl. Stir the ingredients until it begins to crumble.
- Coat 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick spray (or you can use butter). Add the crumbled ingredients to the baking dish and mash down until flat.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the crust for 25 minutes then set to side once its complete.
- Use a grater and zest the lemons until you have 1 tbsp of lemon zest. Slice the lemon in half and remove 1/3 cup of juice from the lemons with a squeezer.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and 4 eggs into a large bowl and blend. Add all purpose flour and baking powder to the bowl and blend with hand blender until it is smooth and begins to rise.
- Pour lemon mixture evenly over the crust and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and top off with powder sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 11.7g
Keywords: Lemon Bars