I can openly admit that I suffer from a case of the sweet tooth and these Luscious Lemon Bars do not help to keep this condition under control – at all.
This is a simple recipe but the flavors are awesome! Mixing lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar line up together in sweet harmony. The bars are chewy on the inside with a slight crunch coming from the bottom of the bar. The bottom bar is a very simple gathering of butter, flour and sugar but it carries a lot of weight when it comes to the texture that needed with any type of dessert that has layers of goodness.
The family loved these so much they only lasted a few hours after removing from the oven!
Tips when making the Luscious Lemon Bars:
- While using your zester to get the delicate lemon skin from your lemon, be sure to scrape the outer skin evenly to maximize the amount you extract from each lemon.
- Leaving a thin layer of skin will also make juicing your lemon easier!
- The resulting chewy texture is very important with this recipe, so keeping this recipe on a timer while in the oven will help to prevent overcooking.
If you want to impress your co-workers at the next company pot-luck give this recipe a try and I think you will get repeat request because they will love them. If you love sweets and you love the taste of lemons, these Luscious Lemon Bars are a must have.
Mixing lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar line up together in sweet harmony in these Luscious Lemon Bars. If you love sweets and lemons, these are a must.
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 and 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Powder Sugar
For the Lemon Topping:
- 4 Large Organic Brown Eggs
- 2 Medium Lemons for Juice and Zest
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 and 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Begin by adding all purpose flour, sugar, powder sugar and soft butter into a large bowl. Stir the ingredients until it begins to crumble.
- Coat 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick spray (or you can use butter). Add the crumbled ingredients to the baking dish and mash down until flat.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the crust for 25 minutes then set to side once its complete.
- Use a grater and zest the lemons until you have 1 tbsp of lemon zest. Slice the lemon in half and remove 1/3 cup of juice from the lemons with a squeezer.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and 4 eggs into a large bowl and blend. Add all purpose flour and baking powder to the bowl and blend with hand blender until it is smooth and begins to rise.
- Pour lemon mixture evenly over the crust and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and top off with powder sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 11.7g
Keywords: Lemon Bars