Nothing says the holidays like pomegranate! And that’s why you’re going to enjoy this Spiked Pomegranate Party Punch made with a pomegranate cocktail mixer, sweetened pomegranate syrup, vodka, ginger ale, and garnished with fresh pomegranate arils and orange slices. . This punch only takes a few minutes to make and it’s perfect for a small gathering or a larger crowd.
Looking for more cocktails perfect for the holiday? Check out my “Cape May” Cranberry Moscow Mule, Cinnamon Maple Whiskey Sour, Chocolate Pecan Cream Martini, Peppermint Cream Martini, and The Cool Coquito Cocktail.
Pomegranate is a special fruit. It’s a little sweet, a little tart, and tastes awesome. It’s a perfect drink for the season. Another great thing about this recipe is you can remove the vodka and transform this recipe into a non-alcoholic refreshment — just like that!
Did I mention the remarkable health benefits of pomegranate? Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants and are a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and potassium.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this holiday party punch:
- Since vodka is being used in a punch, you don’t need to go expensive here. My favorite vodka is Tito’s, Wheatley, and Ivanabitch.
- I use the Stirrings Pomegranate Cocktail Mixer. It’s a sweet-tart blend of pomegranate, lemon juice, and cane sugar that takes the punch up a notch (versus using regular pomegranate juice).
- Pomegranate syrup will balance out the tartness in the punch. Since authentic grenadine syrup is a type of pomegranate syrup, you can substitute this if you cannot find pomegranate syrup.
- Ginger ale will serve as your “soda” and is perfect for a holiday drink.
- You’ll need sliced oranges for this recipe, and they’ll serve as a garnish. While oranges are my preferred citrus for this recipe, you can also use limes, lemons, or grapefruit.
- For the pomegranate arils (those plump seeds from the pomegranate), you can purchase fresh pomegranate and remove the seeds yourself, or buy them already removed. Most grocers will stock these both fresh and frozen. Note: Each pomegranate will yield approximately 1 cup of seeds.
- You’ll need ice to serve. I provided a few tips below.
Pomegranate Party Punch Tips
- Should I use ice, and when should I add it? Everyone has their preference. Some folks like ice in their punch, while others do not. I recommend chilling your pitcher and avoid adding the ice cubes until you are ready to serve and simply make it available as an option. This way guests can choose. Plus, adding ice into the pitcher or punch bowl ahead of time can dilute the drink, and we don’t want that.
- When should I add the ginger ale? Combine all other ingredients in a pitcher and place it in the refrigerator to chill. You want to add your ginger ale just before serving. When your guests arrive, pour in the chilled ginger ale, and it’s ready to serve! This maximizes the flavor as the juices will have time to infuse with the fruit. This also ensures the drink doesn’t go flat as the ice melts.
- How can I make this a non-alcoholic beverage or mocktail? Instead of the 2 cups of vodka, add in 1 cup of pomegranate juice and an additional cup of ginger ale.
Combining a few ingredients delivers a holiday punch that is both light and refreshing. This cocktail is perfect for serving at your next intimate gathering and is already in rotation at our home.Print