Anything made in a cast-iron skillet just seems to always taste great and the same goes for this Cast Iron Italian Chicken Pizza.
I have visited several great pizza cities including New York City and Chicago over the years. It was after those experiences I knew I wanted to master the art of pizza making. When you get the opportunity to taste some of the best across the country, it’s only right that you relive that experience at home.
There are several different ways to prepare pizza and using a cast iron skillet is my favorite. The result is a great combination of texture and taste – straight out of our oven. Also, this gives the pizza more depth that is perfect for piling on extra layers of cheese, vegetables, meats, etc.
Tips when making the Cast Iron Italian Chicken Pizza:
- It all starts with the dough because this is what literally keeps it all together.
- I tend to use pastry flour when forming my dough because it doesn’t dry out your pizza dough and makes the handling of the dough a lot easier.
- I use a specific Organic pizza sauce on most of my pizzas, but feel free to use your sauce of choice if for some reason you are not able to locate the brand used in this recipe.
- Cook your ground chicken until the meat begins to turn white then remove from the heat to avoid overcooking.
- Once you add your dough to the cast iron skillet, load it up with all those great ingredients then top off with cheese and olives.
For a tasty pizza night, give this Cast Iron Italian Chicken Pizza a spot on the dinner table. Enjoy!Print