Anything made in a cast-iron skillet is always right on time, and the same goes for this Cast Iron Italian Chicken Pizza.
- 1 lb fresh pizza dough
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Muir Glen Organic Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese block, cubed
- 12 oz Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup pastry flour
- Spread pastry flour over the kitchen countertop.
- Place the fresh dough onto the flour and begin to shape the dough into a circle using your hands. Finish shaping and flattening with a roller to a diameter of 13 inches.
- Add ground chicken and Italian seasoning in a large bowl and mix well with your hands. Cook ground chicken in a medium-heat pan until it is partially cooked, breaking the meat apart as it cooks.
- In a cast iron skillet , coat the bottom lightly with olive oil and add your rolled dough into the skillet. Fold the excess dough inside the skillet’s edge. Spread your pizza sauce evenly over the bottom of the dough.
- Chop your Monterey cheese block into small cubes and spread half over the pizza sauce. Add half of your cooked chicken to the skillet and spread evenly. Add the remaining Monterey cheese over the chicken.
- Add more chicken to the pan, saving a handful to the side for topping. Add shredded mozzarella cheese. Top the cheese with the remaining ground chicken, chopped black olives, and parsley flakes.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 18 minutes. Allow pizza to cool, then serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 401
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 144mg
- Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 30.9g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 50.4g
- Cholesterol: 144mg
Keywords: Cast Iron Italian Chicken Pizza, Cast Iron Pizza, Italian Chicken Pizza