Combining decadent truffle with asparagus results in this creamy Black Truffle Asparagus Soup that is perfect as an appetizer or a meal in itself — and can be enjoyed hot or cold (as a chilled soup).
I had the opportunity to visit Napa, California and while I was there I road the Napa Valley Wine Train that passed by various vineyards in the area. On that train, we were enjoying wine and a three-course meal. This is when I had my first experience with an asparagus soup! I enjoyed it enough to come home to make my very own version. My family loves soup and many nights, soup is the main entree.
Tips when making Black Truffle Asparagus Soup:
- Don’t overcook your asparagus because it can affect the coloring and texture of the soup.
- Once your ingredients are blended, be sure to strain your soup to remove any small pieces.
- The truffle sauce is what makes this dish memorable so you will definitely reap the benefits the truffle brings to the table.
- The heaving whipping cream and Creme Fraiche will keep this soup creamy and ready to enjoy with a great tasting grilled cheese sandwich.
- Plus, it stores perfectly for leftovers that will last several days!
Here are a few more soup recipes you might enjoy:Print
Combining decadent truffle with asparagus in this creamy Black Truffle Asparagus Soup. Perfect as an appetizer or a meal in itself.
- 1 lb. Asparagus Spears
- 1 cup Diced Sweet Onions
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tsp. Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup Creme Fraiche
- 1 tsp. Black Truffle Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Truffle Oil
- Add butter in large pot on medium heat. Add onions, salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Chop Asparagus Spears into 1 inch pieces and add to pot. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Chicken Stock to pot and bring to a medium to high heat for 15 minutes. Take pot off stove top and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients from pot into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour ingredients from blender into a strainer, then to a large bowl.
- Once strained, add liquid back to pot at medium heat.
- Add Creme Fraiche, Heavy Cream, Black Truffle Oil and Black Truffle Sea Salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- Category: Comfort Food
- Method: InstaPot
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 71.3g
Keywords: Black Truffle Asparagus Soup, Truffle Asparagus Soup, Asparagus Soup