Combining the earthy and nutty flavors of black truffle with fresh asparagus results in this creamy Truffled Cream of Asparagus Soup that serves as the perfect appetizer/starter or a meal in itself — either enjoyed hot or cold (as a chilled soup).
- 1 lb. Asparagus Spears
- 1 cup Sweet Onions, diced
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup Creme Fraiche
- 1 tbsp. Black Truffle Oil
- 1 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Black Truffle Sea Salt
- Add butter to a large pot on medium heat. Add onions, salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Chop asparagus spears into 1-inch pieces and add to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock to the pot and bring to medium-high heat. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove pot from the stove and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients from the pot into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour blended ingredients from the blender into a fine-mesh strainer. Make sure you have a bowl underneath to catch the liquid. Once strained, add liquid back to a pot at medium heat.
- Place Creme Fraiche in a small bowl and whip using a hand blender for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add Creme Fraiche, heavy whipping cream, and black truffle sea salt and cook for 10 minutes. Add black truffle oil to the pot before serving.
- Optional: When ready to serve, sprinkle on a pinch of black truffle sea salt (or black pepper) and a drizzle of black truffle oil.
Allow the Creme Fraiche to sit until room temperature before blending.
- Category: Comfort Food
- Method: InstaPot
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 71.3g
Keywords: Black Truffle Asparagus Soup, Truffled Asparagus Soup, Asparagus Soup, cream of asparagus soup