Here in Texas we are approaching that time of the year where I think it’s safe to say the heat is coming soon – meaning it’s hot outside and will only get worse so we have to find unique ways to stay cool.
Any adult beverage won’t do in the heat, but an adult beverage that is made into a slushie is a pretty genius idea. A blend of juicy fruit along with a wine from one of my favorite Texas wineries, Messina Hof (located in Bryan, Texas), were the ingredients behind my Very Berry Wine Slushie.
I decided to use Riesling wine because of the aromatic grape semi-sweet flavor. Paring this selection with the sweet flavors of strawberry, blueberry, pineapple, and coconut cream make this a must to have when you need to cool off like a grown up.
When you are trying to figure out what new drink idea you may want to try, give this Very Berry Wine Slushie a go and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
- 1 and 1/2 cup Riesling White Wine
- 2 oz. Coconut Cream
- 2 oz. Triple Sec
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 cup Frozen Pineapples
- 3 cups Ice
- Add frozen blueberries, 3/4 cup Riesling wine and 1 cup ice to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add blended blueberry mixture to glass and set to the side. Rinse blender.
- Add frozen pineapple, triple sec, coconut cream and 1 cup ice to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour blended pineapple mixture to glass on top of the blueberry mixture. Rinse blender.
- Add frozen strawberries, 3/4 cup of Riesling wine and 1 cup of ice to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour blended strawberry mixture into glass on top of the pineapple mixture and server immediately.