The Cheesiest Spinach Dip
This Cheesy Spinach Dip recipe is perfect for cheese lovers and is an ideal treat for game days. Pair with tortilla chips, pita chips, crostini, and even veggies for the perfect anytime snack!
Here are a few more dip recipes you can try including my Buffalo Chicken Dip, Kickin’ Cheesy Sausage Dip, and Hot Cajun Fish (Red Snapper) Dip.
This recipe is on constant rotation in my home. It’s filled with tons of good stuff, it’s easy to make, and it’s a crowd favorite. This dip is requested at every event I have, and when it comes to cheese — it doesn’t get any cheesier!
Once the spinach and mushrooms cook for a few minutes (just enough to wilt the spinach), they are ready to be combined with the other ingredients. After a quick bake in the oven, the dip is ready to serve and goes great with tortilla chips, crostini (toasted baguettes), or even veggies.
Ingredients you’ll need for this dip:
- You’ll need white button mushrooms and fresh leaf spinach for the recipe. Both will be cooked for a few minutes and just enough so the spinach wilts. You’ll also need a little olive oil to coat the pan.
- The following ingredients are relatively straightforward and include Miracle Whip or mayo, sour cream, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- And seasoning your dip is a must. You’ll need garlic powder, white pepper, and sea salt.
Tips when making your spinach dip:
- Make sure your spinach is wilted and drained before combining it with the rest of your ingredients. You don’t want to introduce additional moisture as the dip will have plenty from the other ingredients.
- I don’t typically eat anchovies in my dip so I replaced it with freshly cooked mushrooms. I can add mushrooms to any dish because of my love affair with them, but you can optionally remove them if you prefer not to have them. My go-to mushroom varieties are cremini and white button mushrooms.
- Miracle Whip is my choice for “mayo.” If you have your preferred brand, go with it. Regular mayonnaise works well in this recipe too.
- The cheese is an essential part, so don’t be shy! Pile it on! Once the dip has baked, I use a large fork to give it a little stir before serving.
- Once you put the dip in the oven, keep an eye out for the top layer of cheese. If you don’t like crispy edges, you may want to take it out of the oven slightly sooner.
This dish can upgrade your game day and is perfect for a lazy day on the couch. So, give it a try and watch your guest’s happy faces as they chow down on this Cheesy Spinach Dip!Print
Cheesy Spinach Dip
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This Cheesy Spinach Dip recipe is perfect for cheese lovers and is an ideal snack for game days. Pair with tortilla chips, crostini, or veggies!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz fresh white mushrooms, chopped
- 8 oz fresh leaf spinach, chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip or mayo
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Heat a skillet at medium heat. Add the olive oil, mushrooms, and spinach. Stir and allow the spinach to wilt slightly. Remove from heat and set to the side.
- Add cream cheese, miracle whip/mayo, sour cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and white pepper to a large bowl. Stir together until well blended.
- Add the cooked white mushrooms and spinach to the same bowl and stir.
- Add 1-1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Stir.
- Place all blended ingredients into a baking dish. Top off with an extra 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
Allowing your cream cheese to come to room temperature makes blending with the other ingredients easier.
You can use Miracle or mayo for this recipe—it is all about your preference.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Comfort Food
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 486
- Fat: 41.5g
Keywords: Cheesy Spinach Dip, Spinach Dip