Most of us love a good cheese dip, not only for game time but for any time. And this Kickin' Cheesy Sausage Dip is a perfect choice! This three-layer dip is filled with tasty surprises (like cream cheese and crushed tomatoes) and topped with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
Most Sundays, everyone knows where to find me. I'll be in front of the television with my remote control in one hand (to switch between the games, of course), and on the other hand, I'm chowing down on a game-day snack.
And when it's time to choose a snack or if I'm preparing to feed my crew, this dip is my go-to recipe. It's quick and easy to whip up, takes little planning, and the result is always a crowd favorite. On top of that, sausage and cheese are the perfect pair, and who doesn't want to dip into some cheesy, smoky goodness?
What ingredients will I need to make this dip?
- This dip's first layer is a creamy concoction of Greek yogurt cream cheese blended with creme fraiche, eggs, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper. You can think of this layer as a thin souffle. It provides a "bed" for the heavier ingredients, and the dip begins to take form as the layers are piled on.
- The second layer is all about the crushed tomatoes --- with a kick. You'll start with fire-roasted crushed tomatoes and blend them with parmesan cheese, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- The holy trinity (bell peppers, onions, and celery), sausage, and mushroom mixture come next. Roasted chicken sausage is my favorite option and goes perfectly with this recipe. You can also use turkey sausage or any sausage rope of your choice.
- Then, it's all topped off with a generous serving of mozzarella cheese.
- Now all you need now is to dip it with, and a toasted crostini is the way to go. Tortilla chips are also a good choice, but make sure you get the kind that is prime for dipping into heavier dips.
Tips when making sausage cheese dip:
- When you are slicing your sausage, cut them into small pieces. This is a dip, and you want to make sure each piece can fit on a crostini or chip.
- If you enjoy a little more kick with your meals, you can add as many red pepper flakes as desired to bring that heat to the forefront --- and maybe even some cayenne!
- This dip is awesome with tortilla chips, toasted baguettes, crostinis, and just about anything you can dip with!
Starting with the holy trinity of peppers and onions and smoked chicken sausage makes this dish very flavorful. Then when you add the kick from the red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper with all of the cheese and crushed tomatoes - this baby turns into a game-day masterpiece.
Look no further than this Kickin Cheesy Sausage Dip for your next game day gathering, or really anytime when you need something quick, easy, and downright good. You'll spend less time preparing it and more time watching the game!Print