Most of us love a good cheese dip; not only for game time but for any time. And this Spicy Chicken Sausage Cheese Dip is a perfect choice!
Starting with the holy trinity of peppers and onions, along with smoked chicken sausage, makes this dish very flavorful. Then when you add the kick from the red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper with all of the cheese and crushed tomatoes – this baby turns into a game-day masterpiece.
Tips When Making the Chicken Sausage Cheese Dip:
- Cut your mozzarella cheese into small blocks and place them towards the center of the dip.
- If you enjoy a little more kick with your meals, make sure to add as many red pepper flakes as desired to bring that heat to the forefront.
- This dip is awesome with chips, toasted baguettes, and just about anything you can dip!
When you are in the mood for a very good cheese dip with some substance and kick, give this chicken cheese dip a try I can almost promise you will not regret it.
Here are a few more dip recipes you can try:Print
Most of us love a good cheese dip; not only for game time but for any time. And this Kickin’ Chicken Sausage Cheese Dip is the perfect snack!
- 13 oz. Smoked Chicken Sausage
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion Chopped
- 1/4 cup Celery Chopped
- 4 oz. Portobella Mushroom
- 28 oz. Fire Roasted Crusted Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz. Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Creme Fraiche
- 1 lb. Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Large Brown Organic Egg
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Red Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Begin by adding cream cheese, egg, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, creme fraiche and garlic powder to a bowl and mix together until smooth. Set to the side.
- Pre-heat cooking pot to medium heat and add crusted tomatoes, black pepper, 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, Parmesan cheese and oregano and stir while cooking until it begins to bubble. Remove from heat and set to the side.
- In a separate cooking pan, pre-heat to medium heat and add olive oil. Chop the mushroom, onions, red peppers, green peppers, smoked turkey sausage and celery. Add to pan cook for 5 to 8 minutes until chicken sausage is browned then set to the side.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese block into small chunks and set to the side.
- In a baking pan, add cream cheese mixture and spread across the bottom of the pan evenly. Top the cream cheese mixture with crushed tomato sauce. Add cooked pepper and sausage mixture over the crushed tomato sauce. Top off with chopped mozzarella cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and cook dish for 20 minutes.
- Once complete serve hot with chips and fresh sour dough bread.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 224
- Fat: 18.1
Keywords: Chicken Sausage Cheese Dip, Chicken and Cheese Dip, Chicken Dip