It’s that time of the year when most people are trying to eat healthier, but enjoying a healthy meal doesn’t mean you have to give up great taste. Perfect for Meatless Monday or any day of the week, my Creamy Rice and Mushroom Stuffed Bell Peppers will be right on time.
For this recipe, I used yellow bell peppers. They are sweet and great as the primary or base ingredient in a dish like stuffed bell peppers.
Many people cook with bell peppers with green bell peppers being the most commonly used. However, along with green bell peppers, there are also red, yellow and orange bell peppers. Ranging from slightly bitter to very sweet, there is a difference in the four variations. Where green bell peppers tend to be more bitter, on a scale of sweet to very sweet, orange follows, yellow is next up, with the ripest and sweetest being red bell peppers.
Red bell peppers also pack the most nutrients of the four and contain lycopene, which lowers the risk of various cancers. Overall, bell peppers are helpful in preventing multiple chronic diseases along with maintaining eye health.
But the health benefits of this recipe don’t stop there. Let’s talk about mushrooms because I love them so much! Mushrooms contain powerful antioxidants and boost your immune system. And you can’t go wrong with fresh cilantro either, as it also contains antioxidants as well and aids in weight loss.
Making Creamy Rice and Mushroom Stuffed Bell Peppers:
- To prepare, begin by removing the stem and seeds from the bell peppers.
- Cook your brown rice according to instructions and set to the side when done.
- Saute your mushrooms for 5 to 10 minutes then chop your fresh cilantro in a food processor or finely with a knife.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Once you stuff your bell pepper halves with the mushroom and rice mixture, bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees.
I can’t express my love for bell peppers and mushrooms enough so I will always be slightly biased towards them, but I’ll admit that this is a fantastic dish. When you want to go meatless, love stuffed bell peppers, or if creamy rice is calling your name, then give this Creamy Mushroom Stuffed Pepper recipe a try and you will not regret it. Enjoy!Print
These Creamy Rice and Mushroom Stuffed Bell Peppers are perfect for any day of the week. Yellow bell peppers stuffed with creamy rice and savory mushrooms and are meatless and an easy appetizer or dinner idea.
- 4 Yellow Bell Peppers
- 8 oz Fresh Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 cup Organic Brown Rice
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 10 oz Cream of Mushroom
- 10 oz Cream of Celery
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Begin by cooking the brown rice according to instructions and set to the side.
- Remove the stem from the bell pepper and slice in half. Remove seeds.
- Saute mushrooms in olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove leaves from fresh cilantro, then chop into small pieces with knife or food processor.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Fill each bell pepper half with stuffing and top off with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 35 minute at 375 degrees. Allow to cool then serve.
- Category: Comfort Food
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 839mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 57.1g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
Keywords: Creamy Rice and Mushroom Stuffed Bell Peppers, stuffed bell pepper, stuffed yellow bell peppers,