Thank you Starkist Selects E.V.O.O. for sponsoring this post.
I can’t quite put my finger on why tuna sandwiches seem to be associated with summertime meals, but honestly I can go for a good tuna mix during Winter, Spring or Fall.
My mother would make a big batch of tuna fish and we would have that for lunch for days and never once complained. Once I realized tuna had a fair amount of protein it gave me even more of a green light to eat it as often as I could.
Today I bring to you my spin on the tuna fish sandwich I grew up eating (with an added kick) called the Spicy Tuna Pita Sandwich. Starkist Selects E.V.O.O. tuna provided me with a variety of tuna options so I decided to go with the Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Sun-dried Tomato for this sandwich.
The combination of mayo, yellow mustard and boiled egg whites make this dish delicious and the French Dijon mustard and horseradish give this meal a little kick. This is a great lunch or dinner option for the entire family to enjoy any day of the week.
- 5.2 oz Starkist Select Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Sun-dried Tomato
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip Mayo
- 1 tsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Dill Relish
- 1/2 tsp. Horseradish
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika
- Pita Bread
- Begin by adding the tuna into a bowl.
- In a cooking pot, boil the eggs; once done remove the shell and the yoke.
- Cut the egg whites into small pieces and set to the side.
- Add all ingredients into the tuna bowl and mix well with large fork until smooth.
- Warm pita bread if desired and fill with tuna.
- Optional: Add sliced tomato and romaine lettuce if desired.
- Serve immediately.