The Oreo cookie has been an all-time favorite in many households across the country for many years. Oreo’s are like Lay’s potato chips — you can’t eat just one. And for those who love milk like me, dipping Oreo cookies in a tall glass of milk is the perfect response to those late night cravings.
Since I love cream pies and have an equal inclination towards Oreo’s I thought it would be a great idea to combine the two to create an Oreo Cream Pie. Plus, it is a quick and easy dessert recipe idea that requires zero time in the oven!
This simple recipe consists of sugar, cream cheese, whipped cream and of course Oreo cookies. The key step in this recipe is to make sure you spend a few minutes whipping the sugar and cream cheese into a smooth consistency. I would recommend you bring the cream cheese to room temperature first before blending for this very reason.
You also want to make sure the cookies (used for the crust) are broken down into a fine texture to ensure the crust will be even and not crumble. I used a blender, however, going with a good ole’ hand smashing in a ziplock bag works just as well.
This cream pie is a great balance of the Oreo cookies and cream cheese without an overly sweet taste. When you want to give the family a pleasant surprise make this no-bake Oreo Cream Pie and enjoy!
- For the Pie Crust:
- 25 Oreo Cookies
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- For the Pie Filling:
- (2) 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Powder Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- 10 Oreo Cookies
- Begin with the crust by blending (to a fine texture) the cookies and melting the butter. Add both ingredients into a large bowl and mix together. Add crust into a non-stick pie pan and spread evenly on the bottom and sides of the pan. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While the crust is in the freezer, add cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and sugar into a large bowl. Blend with a hand blender for 3 to 5 minutes until it has a smooth consistency.
- Take the 10 cookies and crush them in a zip lock bag. Add the coarsely crushed cookies and whipped cream into a bowl along with the cream cheese mixture. Fold the ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Once the crust is removed from the freezer, pour cream cheese mixture into the crust and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Serve cool.
- Optionally, add more cookies on top of the cream pie by cutting the cookies in half then placing onto the pie.