The only thing that would make peaches better is to grill them and cover with sweet cream sauce? Say hello to my Grilled Peaches and Cream!
Did you know?
Peaches were first cultivated near the Kunlun Mountains in the Northwest China region and have now made their way around the globe.
Peaches would always be a great snack (as an alternative to things like candy) when I was growing up. They were sweet and juicy and that buttery texture, when they were good and ripe, was second to none.
Not only is a peach a refreshing fruit but it can be an awesome dessert! So today I bring to you my version of Grilled Peaches and Cream. It’s a pretty simple recipe to pull out of your hat when you want to get the kids to try new things while incorporating fresh fruit.
Combining evaporated milk and peach Greek yogurt to top off these grilled peaches is the base of the cream sauce. Brown sugar can never steer a dessert idea in the wrong direction and teaming it up with butter and walnuts takes this to the top. When you’re not sure what you want to do for dessert give this Grilled Peaches and Cream a try!
The only thing that would make peaches better is to grill them and cover with sweet cream sauce? Say hello to my Grilled Peaches and Cream
- 3 Whole Peaches
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 5 oz. Greek Yogurt Peach
- 1 cup Walnut Halves
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Organic Agave
- Begin by cutting the peaches in half and removing the seed then place to the side.
- In a bowl, add Greek Yogurt Peach, Evaporated Milk, Organic Agave and Vanilla Extract and whisk until smooth.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat, add butter and once melted add brown sugar then stir occasionally for 3 minutes or until sugar begins to slightly break down. Add walnut halves to the buttered pan and cook for 2 to 4 minutes then set to the side.
- Pre-heat a grill stove top to medium/high heat and cook the peach halves for 3 minutes with inside of peach on the grill. Flip the peaches to the skin side. Sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon over the grilled inside.
- Cook on the skin side for 2 more minutes then place on serving dish. Top of grilled peaches with cream sauce and buttered walnuts. Serve hot.
Feel free to switch out the walnuts for pecans!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 496
- Fat: 30.6g
Keywords: Grilled Peaches and Cream, Peaches and Cream, Grilled Peaches