Served with a sweet cream sauce and candied walnuts, my Grilled Peaches and Cream recipe is a great way to create a tasty dessert using fresh fruit. It’s the perfect summer grilling treat.
Peaches would always be a great snack (as an alternative to things like candy) when I was growing up. They were sweet and juicy and that buttery texture, when they were good and ripe, was second to none.
Did you know? Peaches were first cultivated near the Kunlun Mountains in the Northwest China region and have now made their way around the globe.
Not only is a peach a refreshing fruit but it can be an awesome dessert! So today I bring to you my version of Grilled Peaches and Cream. It’s a pretty simple recipe to pull out of your hat when you want to get the kids to try new things while incorporating fresh fruit.
The only thing that would make peaches better is to grill them and cover with sweet cream sauce and candied walnuts, right?
Combining evaporated milk and creamy Greek yogurt to top off these grilled peaches is the base of the cream sauce. And brown sugar can never steer a dessert idea in the wrong direction and teaming it up with butter and walnuts takes this to the top.
The ingredients you’ll need to make grilled peaches:
- Whole peaches that are not-quite-ripe and still a little firm when squeezed. The riper they are, the easier they will burn. Believe me, I’ve tried both ways. 🙂
- You’ll sprinkle the peaches with ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg after flipping them over on the outdoor grill or cast iron grill.
- For the cream, you’ll need evaporated milk, Greek yogurt (if you can get a peach flavor then great), organic agave, and vanilla extract.
- And for the candied (and buttery) walnuts, walnut halves, brown sugar, and of course, butter.
How to Make Peaches and Cream:
- Cut your peaches in half and remove the seed.
- In a small bowl, add your Greek yogurt, evaporated milk, agave, and vanilla extract and blend together. You can place your cream to the side to use in a later step.
- Heat your cooking pan to medium heat, add butter and brown sugar, and cook for 3 minutes. Add in your walnuts and cook for an additional 3 minutes then set to the side.
- I use a stovetop cast iron grill for this recipe, but you can also use an outdoor grill. For the stovetop, you’ll want to grill the peaches (fruit side down) at high heat for 3 minutes. Flip the peaches over (grilled side up) and sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon on top.
- Cook on the skin side for 2 additional minutes then place on serving dish. Top with candied walnuts and cream sauce.
Here are a few more recipes that incorporate fresh fruit:
- Easy Dark Cherry Sauce
- Funnel Cake with Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry & Lemon Cookie Ice Cream Trifle
- Cherry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Ooey Gooey Pineapple Butter Cake
- Blueberry Banana Bread Pudding