Easy Peanut Butter Blossoms
Calling all chocolate and peanut butter lovers! If you’re looking for a bit of nostalgia for your next cookie baking project, then look no further than these soft Peanut Butter Blossoms made with chocolate kisses. Although they are popular to enjoy during the holidays, these cookies are perfect any time of the year.
What’s not to love? The quintessential pairing of peanut butter and chocolate presented in soft, melt-in-your-mouth cookie form is one of my favorite cookies of all time. It’s a classic sweet-salty cookie many will immediately recognize — by way of their delicately cracked exterior and prominent placement of a chocolate kiss.
And it all starts with a delicious, buttery peanut butter cookie. Once they’re out of the oven, a rich chocolate kiss is pressed into the center of the warm cookie. The tender cookie slightly cracks from the slight pressure creating what is seemingly the best-looking cookie you’ll ever make.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- For your wet ingredients, you’ll blend cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, softened butter, an egg, and vanilla extract. You need granulated sugar for the cookie and to sprinkle a little sugar on the dough before placing the cookies in the oven. It’s the texture for me.
- For your dry ingredients, you’ll need all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- One of the essential ingredients is peanut butter. I prefer creamy peanut butter like Jiffy for this recipe, but you can also use chunky peanut butter for added texture.
- And a peanut butter blossom is not a peanut butter blossom without chocolate kisses. Hershey kisses are the most popular brand. You can also substitute peanut butter cups for the chocolate kisses for a fun take on the traditional.
Tips when making your Peanut Butter Blossoms:
- Make sure chocolate kisses are unwrapped before placing your cookies in the oven. Due to the short baking time, your cookies will be ready before you know it. It is important to have your chocolate kisses ready to be stamped into the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven. This ensures the kisses “set” correctly and slightly melt at their base, so they stay put.
- The keep your chocolate kisses from getting too warm or even melting before you are ready to use them, place them in the refrigerator while your cookies are baking.
- For more decorating fun, you can roll your cookies or sprinkle your cookies with pearl/coarse sugar, colored sugar, or sprinkles.
Peanut Butter Blossoms are so easy to make and would be ideal for your next family baking project! Enjoy them in one bite, split them in half and enjoy them in two bites, or even eat around the chocolate kiss, indulging the peanut butter cookie first before ending with the chocolate for the final bite. Any way to take it, it will most certainly be memorable.
Other desserts you may enjoy:
- Salted Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Bailey’s Dark Chocolate Custard
- Sweet Potato Fritters with Hot Buttered Rum Dipping Sauce
- Mini Sweet Potato Pies
- Moist Lemon Glazed Pound Cake
Easy Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
Soft, buttery peanut butter cookies topped with a rich chocolate kiss make Peanut Butter Blossoms one of the most delicious and nostalgic cookies ever created.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chocolate kisses
- granulated sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, softened butter, egg, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a second bowl.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. Mix until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Sprinkle with granulated sugar (or roll in granulated sugar) and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie. Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet and place them on a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 17.2g
- Sodium: 290mg
- Fat: 14.6g
- Carbohydrates: 30.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
Keywords: Peanut Butter Blossoms, Peanut Butter Cookies
I have a peanut allergy but can eat almonds and cashews (weird, I know). Could I substitute either of these nut butters for the peanut butter? If so, is there a brand you would recommend?
Absolutely! Almond and cashew butter are great substitutes. Try Maranatha Creamy Almond Butter, Justin’s Classic Almond Butter, Justin’s Classic Cashew Butter, Artisana Organics Raw Cashew Butter, or Jiva Organics Raw Organic Cashew Butter.