We all know game days are not complete without the perfect game day snack — and my Twice-Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Potatoes are a guaranteed hit! Before the potatoes are baked for the second time, they are stuffed with a creamy mixture of tender potatoes, beef bacon, chicken, French onion dip, butter, cheese, and seasonings.
With me being a meat and potatoes type of guy, these twice-baked potatoes are the best of both worlds. Not only does the recipe call for tender and flavorful chicken breast but did I forget to mention the beef bacon? You will not be disappointed in giving this recipe a test run.
The ranch seasoning pouch brings it all home, and the additional seasonings provide a nice balance of flavor with a dash of heat.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe:
- Four large Russet potatoes
- Boneless chicken breast and beef bacon
- One of the secret ingredients for this recipe is the French onion dip, and we can’t forget about the cheddar and grated parmesan cheese.
- The seasonings for the potatoes will include salt, pepper, red pepper chili flakes, and a ranch seasoning pouch, while the chicken will require tarragon, garlic powder, and salt.
- And finally, green onions, minced garlic, and butter.
How to make these Twice Baked Chicken and Bacon Potatoes:
- Rinse your potatoes, poke several holes in the exterior using a fork, and lightly coat them with olive oil. Bake the potatoes on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes allowing them to cool once removed from the oven.
- While the potatoes are baking, cut the chicken breast into small cubes, then season with tarragon, salt, and garlic powder. In a medium skillet, cook the chicken at medium heat for 4 minutes or until the pink is removed and the juices run clear. Remove from the heat and set to the side.
- Pace the beef bacon on a baking sheet and place it in the oven once the potatoes are removed. Bake the bacon at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Once cooled, chop into small pieces and set to the side.
- Cut in half potatoes lengthwise and scoop the insides into a large bowl. Pour the melted butter into the bowl and smash until combined. Add grated parmesan cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, minced garlic, chicken breast, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, ranch seasoning pouch, French Onion dip, and a handful of bacon pieces leaving some to top off the potatoes later.
- Evenly spoon potato mixture into the potato skins, top off with remaining cheddar cheese and bacon, and bake for an additional 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve immediately, topping off with sour cream and green onions, if you choose.
This recipe is great for game days or family gatherings. A fully loaded, twice-baked baked potato with all the cheesy and buttery goodness will have this recipe on constant repeat.Print