One of my favorite appetizers to order when dining out are stuffed mushrooms. Stuffed with mushrooms blended with a variety of cheeses, herbs, and two types of breadcrumbs these great tasting Parmesan-Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy appetizer idea.
Mushrooms open the door to a savory fifth taste category called umami. And if you love mushrooms, you know exactly the flavor I am speaking of.
Adding to the already robust flavor of mushrooms, this recipe combines cream cheese and Parmesan cheese mixed with the slightly-crunchy texture of Panko breadcrumbs.
Tips when making the Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Begin by removing the stem from each of the Baby Bella mushrooms. Don’t throw them away because you will use them along with the filling.
- Place the chop stem portion of the mushrooms into a food processor and grind them into very small pieces.
- Everything goes well with butter and garlic so adding those mushrooms stems along with freshly chopped parsley enhances the flavor of each bite.
- Combine your mushroom mix with cream cheese (at room temperature) to help bring the filling to a smooth consistency; plus it makes it easier to whisk.
- Top each stuffed mushroom them off with mozzarella cheese and Panko breadcrumbs then bake for 15 to 20 minutes until showtime!
This is a simple recipe to put together for an anytime snack. And when you want to serve something new at your next gathering, give these Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms a spot on the table. Plus, they’re so good, even your kids will enjoy them!Print
Stuffed with mushrooms blended with a variety of cheeses, herbs, & breadcrumbs these great tasting Parmesan-Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy appetizer idea.
- 2 lb Whole Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Fresh Curly Parsley
- 1/4 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Begin by rinsing each mushroom. Remove the stems. Place stems into a food processor and chop.
- Chop the parsley into small pieces and set to the side.
- Pre-heat cooking pan at medium heat and add butter, minced garlic, parsley and chopped mushroom stems. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, cooked mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and remaining seasonings and mix together well.
- Place each mushroom top on a baking sheet and stuff with a tablespoon or more of the mushroom filling. Top mushrooms with Panko breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool then serve.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Fat: 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
Keywords: Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms, Stuffed Mushrooms, Mushroom appetizer