Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed with a variety of cheeses, herbs, and two types of breadcrumbs, these great tasting Parmesan-Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy appetizer idea.
Did you know? Mushrooms open the door to a savory fifth taste category called umami. And if you love mushrooms, you know exactly the flavor I am speaking of. One of my favorite appetizers to order when dining out are stuffed mushrooms.
Adding to the already robust flavor of mushrooms, this recipe combines cream cheese and Parmesan cheese mixed with the slightly-crunchy texture of Panko breadcrumbs along with Italian breadcrumbs. I like to combine these two types of breadcrumbs because it gives me the best of both worlds.
How to make Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms:
Begin by removing the stem from each of the Baby Bella mushrooms. Don’t throw them away because you will use them along with the filling.
Place the stem portion of the mushrooms into a food processor (paid link) and grind them into very small pieces. Of course, you could tackle this by hand, but it’s much easier if you have a food processor (paid link) handy. You’ll want the mushrooms to be chopped finely.
Everything goes well with butter and garlic so adding those freshly chopped mushrooms along with chopped parsley enhances the flavor of each bite. Many use parsley just as a garnish, but it can be used for so much more. Parsley brightens flavors and adds balance to savory dishes with ease.
Combine your mushroom mix with cream cheese to help bring the filling to a smooth consistency. Bringing the cream cheese to room temperature prior to mixing makes it easier to whisk (paid link) and easier to blend all ingredients together.
Top each stuffed mushroom them off with mozzarella cheese and Panko breadcrumbs then bake for 15 to 20 minutes until showtime!
This is a simple recipe to put together for an anytime snack. And when you want to serve something new at your next gathering, give these Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms a spot on the table. Plus, they’re so good, even your kids will enjoy them!
Here are a few more appetizer ideas:Print
Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
Stuffed with mushrooms blended with a variety of cheeses, herbs, & breadcrumbs these great tasting Parmesan-Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy appetizer idea.
- 2 lb Whole Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Fresh Curly Parsley
- 1/4 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Begin by rinsing each mushroom. Remove the stems. Place stems into a food processor (paid link) and chop.
- Chop the parsley into small pieces and set to the side.
- Pre-heat cooking pan at medium heat and add butter, minced garlic, parsley and chopped mushroom stems. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, breadcrumbs, cooked mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and remaining seasonings and mix together well.
- Place each mushroom top on a baking sheet (paid link) and stuff with a tablespoon or more of the mushroom filling. Top mushrooms with Panko breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool then serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Fat: 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
Keywords: Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms, Stuffed Mushrooms, Mushroom appetizer
I made these last week but used Asiago since I forget to get mozzarella and sour cream in place of cream cheese. It was really good! This recipe is definitely a keeper and it’s quick and easy.
Awesome! So glad you still got to enjoy it.