True pizza lovers will love this Turkey Pepperoni Calzone recipe. The soft pizza dough is stuffed to the brim with three cheeses and tons of pepperoni!
- 1 lb. Fresh Pizza Dough
- 4 oz. Turkey Pepperoni Slices
- 8 oz. Fresh Moist Mozzarella
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Basil Flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 3 tsp. Water
- 1/3 cup Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce (For Dipping)
- Spread pastry flour over the kitchen countertop. Place fresh dough onto flour and shape dough into a circle using hands. Finish shaping and flattening with a roller. Set to the side.
- Chop the turkey pepperoni into small pieces.In a bowl, add parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, turkey pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese, red pepper flakes, basil flakes, black pepper, and mix together.
- Add the filling onto one half of the pizza dough. Slice the fresh mozzarella into thick slices and add to the top of the filling. Pull the other half of the dough over the filling leaving a one-inch edge on the bottom dough. Twist edges of the dough until it’s sealed.
- In a small bowl, mix your egg, water, and oregano. Brush the egg mixture over the top of the calzone. Cut small slits in the top of the dough.
- Spray a non-stick baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick spray. Place the calzone on the sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with marinara sauce.
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 520
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 887mg
- Fat: 31.6g
- Carbohydrates: 40.2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 19.1g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
Keywords: Turkey Pepperoni Calzone, Pepperoni Calzone, Turkey Calzone