You’ll love my Sweet Potato Cheesecake! This baked New York style cheesecake is rich with a dense, smooth, and creamy texture. Perfect during the holidays.
Sweet Potato Mixture:
- 2 cup Sweet Potatoes
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 tbsp Butter Melted
- 8.8 oz Biscoff Cookies
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 8 tbsp Butter Melted
- (4) 8 oz Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- 2 cup Sugar
- 7 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Creme Fraiche
- 1/4 cup Pastry Flour
- 6 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 8 Large Organic Eggs
- Begin making the crust by blending the Biscoff cookies then adding to a large bowl. Add sugar and melted butter to the bowl and stir until it begins to slightly bind. Add crust mixture to the bottom of a springform baking pan then spread evenly ensuring the crust is flat.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and bake crust for 10 minutes. Set to side when done.
- While the crust is baking, peel the sweet potatoes and chop into cubes then boil for 25 to 30 minutes. Strain and add to a large bowl. Add all sweet potato mixture ingredients into the bowl of sweet potatoes and mix well.
- For the cheesecake mixture, make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature then add to a large bowl. Add sugar to the cream cheese and begin to mix until smooth. Add the pastry flour, lemon juice, lemon zest, 2 cups of sweet potato mixture, and vanilla extract then mix well. Do not over blend.
- Add the eggs into the bowl one at a time slightly blending after each egg is added then add the Creme Fraiche. Blend until mixed well.
- Pour cream cheese mixture onto the crust and spread evenly.
- Cover the bottom exterior part of the baking pan with foil. Place pan into slightly larger baking pan. Add an inch of water into a third larger rectangular baking pan. This prevents the cheesecake from cracking while baking.
- Adjust the oven temperature to 325 degrees and place cheesecake baking pans (with water on the bottom pan) into the oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Once the baking is complete, remove from oven and allow with to cool for 30. Remove from water and cool for 30 more minutes.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours. Serve cool.
You can substitute graham crackers for the Biscoff cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Southern
- Calories: 841
- Fat: 67.1g
Keywords: Sweet Potato New York Style Cheesecake, Sweet Potato Cheesecake, New York Style Cheesecake, Cheesecake