Stewed Okra with Roasted Chicken Sausage is flavorful enough to eat alone if you want to go the low carb route, but you can also enjoy it on a bed of rice.
- 24 oz. Cut Okra
- 4 Mini Corn Ears (or 2 Large)
- 26 oz. Roasted Chicken Sausage
- 28 oz. Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp. Blackened Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Basil Leaf Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Red Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1. Begin by slicing the chicken sausage into small pieces. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes then remove from heat and set to the side.
2. Shuck the corn from the cob and set to the side (if using fresh ears of corn).
3. Pre-heat cooking pot to medium heat then add butter and minced garlic stirring frequently for 1 minute.
4. Add okra to cooking pot and season with sea salt. Cook for 7 minutes.
5. Add corn and tomato sauce to pot and season with blackened seasoning, paprika and black pepper then cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Add all remaining ingredients to the pot and cook for 10 minutes covered.
7. Once complete, remove from heat and serve hot with rice (optional).
Cooking the okra alone before adding any other ingredients helps to rid the dish of the “slime” that comes from the okra.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Creole
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 6.3g
Keywords: Stewed Okra, Stewed Okra with Sausage, Stewed Okra with Chicken