Stewed Okra & Tomatoes with Chicken Sausage is a flavorful combination of okra, corn, lima beans, chicken sausage, and crushed tomatoes.
- 26 oz. Roasted Chicken Sausage
- 1 cup Sweet Corn
- 24 oz. Cut Okra
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 28 oz. Fire-Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 8 oz. Lima Beans
- 1 tbsp. Creole Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Basil Leaf Flakes
- 1 tsp. Red Cayenne Pepper
- Slice the chicken sausage. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set to the side.
- Remove the kernels from the corn and set to the side (if using fresh ears of corn).
- Ensure the pan is set to medium heat. Add butter and minced garlic, frequently stirring for 1 minute.
- Add okra to the pan and season with sea salt. Cook uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes to help eliminate some excess slime.
- Add chicken sausage, corn, fire-roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, lima beans, and all seasonings to the pan. Cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with rice.
You can use frozen corn and lima beans for this recipe.
You can use whole un-cut okra as well. You can add it to the recipe whole or cut it into smaller pieces.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Stew
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Creole
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 6.3g
Keywords: Stewed Okra, Stewed Okra with Sausage, Stewed Okra with Chicken, Stewed Okra and Tomatoes