Although the pecan pralines only consist of 5 ingredients, the science is in the cooking process. If you’re willing to put in the work, it will be worth it!
- 2 cups Sugar
- 12 oz. Evaporated Milk
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 5 oz. Pecan Pieces
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Begin by adding 1 tbsp butter, evaporated milk and sugar to a medium sized cooking pot and bring to a boil. Continue stirring the ingredients and lower heat to medium/low heat.
- Increase the heat slightly throughout the process and lower it slightly while bringing the pot to a light bubble and continue stirring.
- Add vanilla extract and 3 tbsp of butter after 10 minutes of cooking and continue to cook at a low/medium heat while continuing to stir.
- After 30 minutes the ingredients should begin to thicken. Add in the pecan pieces and stir until it caramelizes and thicken to the point where you can pour it onto a surface.
- Before pouring on surface, coat the surface with butter. Spread ingredients over it.
- Slightly spread the candy evenly and allow to sit until it is able to be cut into pieces.
Be sure to use a non-stick cooking pot as the cleanup will be a lot easier!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Southern
- Calories: 538
- Fat: 22g
Keywords: Pecan "Candy" Pralines, Pecan Candy, Pecan Pralines