Consisting of 5 ingredients, these melt-in-your-mouth Southern Pecan Pralines are loaded with pecans, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- 2 cups Sugar
- 12 oz. Evaporated Milk
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 5 oz. Pecan Pieces
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Coat a surface with butter or use parchment paper.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, evaporated milk, and sugar to a large pot and bring to a boil. When the candy reaches 235 degrees, you can lower the heat to medium to bring the candy to a light bubble. Continue to stir. This should take around 10 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract and 3 tbsp of butter. Continue to stir. Lower heat to medium-low.
- After stirring for around 25-30 minutes the ingredients should begin to thicken. You are looking for a matte finish with a thick and creamy consistency, but not too thick where it would be difficult to pour. Fold in the pecan pieces and remove from the heat.
- Pour the candy on the surface spreading evenly to reach your desired thickness. Allow the candy to cool and cut/break into pieces.
Be sure to use a non-stick cooking pot as the cleanup will be a lot easier.
You can use a candy thermometer to ensure your sugar reaches the correct temperature.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Southern
- Calories: 538
- Fat: 22g
Keywords: Southern Pecan Pralines, Pecan Candy, Pecan Pralines