Moist Sweet Potato Muffins made from scratch that combine two layers to create one of the best breakfast muffins you've ever enjoyed.
Sweet Potato Mixture:
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1/4 cup Steens Pure Cane Syrup
- 3 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 8 oz Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- 5 Large Organic Eggs
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Almond Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- Begin by peeling the sweet potato, cutting it into large cubes and boiling for 25 minutes. Strain sweet potato pieces when done and add to a large bowl.
- Mash sweet potato pieces. Add melted butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, 2 eggs and cane syrup into bowl and mix well until smooth. Add cream cheese, vanilla extract and almond extract to bowl and blend with hand mixer until it binds. Add each of the following eggs for the sweet potato mixture one at a time while continuing to blend until smooth.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the bottom layer, add flour, brown sugar, sugar and baking powder into a separate large bowl. Stir with large fork. Add melted butter and 2 eggs slightly scrambled into the bowl and stir until it begins to look crumbly and sticks. Sit to the side.
- Coat each of the muffins cup with butter. You can also use a muffin liner.
- Add 1 tbsp of the bottom layer crumble into each of the muffin cups and smooth the surface flat.
- Fill each of the cups with the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Once done allow to cool then serve.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Southern
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 13.3g
Keywords: Sweet Potato Muffins