When you don't want to give up great tasting Tex-Mex, but you want to keep an eye on your carb count, my Low-Carb Tex-Mex Casserole is a great option. Perfect for keto diets as well.
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 8 oz. Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- 4 Large Brown Eggs
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Pico De Gallo
- 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp. Goya Adobo
- 1/4 tsp. Red Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan Pink Rock Salt (Fine Grain)
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Colby Cheese
- Cut the cream cheese into small chunks. In a large bowl, add cream cheese, eggs, and garlic powder. Using a hand blender, mix the ingredients for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Coat your baking dish with butter or non-stick spray and pour ingredients into the baking dish. Top the ingredients off with 1 cup of cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the bottom layer is baking, heat a pan on the stovetop at medium heat. Brown ground beef.
- Once your beef is cooked drain the excess liquid. In the same pan, add the tomato sauce, pico de gallo, chili powder, goya adobo, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and red pepper. Mix well and allow to cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, add your ground beef layer and spread evenly. Add the other 1 & 1/2 cups of shredded cheese to the top of the dish and sprinkle on some parsley. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
You can substitute regular cream cheese for the Greek yogurt variety.
You can top your casserole servings with your Tex-Mex favorites like guacamole, sour cream, and/or pico de gallo.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- Calories: 447
- Fat: 29.2
Keywords: low carb casserole, tex mex casserole, mexican casserole, keto casserole, keto ground beef recipes, low carb ground beef recipes, low carb recipes, keto recipes