This Italian Grilled Chicken Panini Sandwich presses seasoned chicken breast, melted provolone cheese, basil pesto, crushed tomato sauce, and spinach in between buttery sourdough bread for the perfect meal --- almost as if you took a quick field trip to a small Italian sandwich shop.
- 4 Slices Sourdough Bread
- 1 lb. Organic Chicken Breast
- 8 oz. Provolone Cheese Slices
- 4 tbsp Fresh Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup Fresh Spinach Leaf
- 1/2 tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Butter
For the Crushed Tomato Sauce:
- 1 Small Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Pre-heat your panini grill to high heat.
- In a small cooking pot, add all sauce ingredients (crushed tomatoes, pParmesan Cheese, red pepper flakes, oregano) and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until it begins to bubble. Remove from heat.
- Butterfly slice your chicken breast and season each side with sea salt, black pepper, oregano and paprika slightly rubbing seasoning into the meat.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium/high heat and add tbsp of cooking oil.
- Cook each chicken breast for 4 minutes on each side then set to the side when done.
- Begin layering your sourdough bread slice by adding 2 tbsp of pesto to one side and spreading evenly. Top pesto with 2 slices of provolone cheese then add tomato sauce mixture using a slotted spoon spreading evenly. Add chicken breast, 2 more slices of provolone cheese, and add desired amount of spinach leaf. Top the spinach leaf off with 2 more slices of provolone cheese and butter the outside of the sourdough bread with soft butter.
- Add the sandwich to the panini press and grill for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cut sandwich down the middle. Serve hot.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Panini Pressed
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 494
- Fat: 29.5g
Keywords: Italian Grilled Chicken Panini Sandwich, Grilled Chicken Panini Sandwich, Chicken Panini Sandwich, Italian Panini Sandwich