My Instant Pot (paid link) Broccoli and Cheese Soup is a perfect combination of cheese and broccoli that can be enjoyed on its own or with a grilled cheese sandwich on the side!
- 16 oz Baby Broccoli Florets
- 2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 11 oz Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Begin by chopping onions. Set to the side.
- Turn the Instant Pot (paid link) on in “Saute” mode. The message screen will display “Hot” when ready.
- Add 1/4 cup butter to the Instant Pot (paid link) then add in the chopped onions and minced garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all Instant Pot (paid link) seasonings into a small bowl. Stir together then pour over ingredients. Stir again. Add broccoli and chicken stock to the Instant Pot (paid link).
- Change the setting on the Instant Pot (paid link) to the “Pressure Cook” mode for 5 minutes. When starting the cooking process in the Instant Pot (paid link), I used the normal setting and set the pressure cooker to high then closed the top according to the instructions. [See additional notes below]
- Allow to cool and sit for 5 minutes once done then use the quick release option. Remove top after steam is released and change setting to low “Saute” then smash ingredients with potato masher (paid link) until slightly smooth.
- Add cheeses and stir then add cream and cornstarch. Continue stirring. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 22g
Keywords: Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup, Broccoli and Cheese Soup