These Easy Homemade Churros with chocolate sauce are perfect for any occasion! If you want to make a simple and sweet dessert, then churros are the way to go.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp cinnamon, divided
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Add water, milk, butter, 1 tbsp sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Lower heat.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour. Once combined, increase the heat, and constantly stir for 2-3 minutes to release any excess moisture and partially cook the flour. The dough should form into a smooth ball, and a thin film will form on the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and use a hand mixer (paid link) to beat on medium speed for 2 minutes to cool the dough. Add vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. Beat until the dough is smooth and glossy.
- In a large pot or deep skillet, heat oil to 370°F.
- Scoop dough into a pastry bag with a large open star tip nozzle (Wilton 1M (paid link)) or a churro maker (paid link). Pipe 6 to 10-inch long strips of dough into the hot oil, cutting the ends with scissors. Fry 4-6 churros at a time to avoid over-crowding your pot. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Fry on both sides for 1 ½ to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel to drain for a few seconds.
- Combine ¾ cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon together on a small baking sheet (paid link). Roll churros in the cinnamon sugar.
- For the chocolate dipping sauce, Heat the chocolate chip in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir in heavy cream and 2 tsp cinnamon. Stir thoroughly combined.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 20.1g
- Sodium: 276mg
- Fat: 18.3g
- Carbohydrates: 33.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 138mg
Keywords: Easy Homemade Churros, Homemade Churros, churro recipe, churros