This Filet Mignon With Asparagus and Hollandaise Sauce recipe is not only perfect for special occasions or just when you want to treat yourself.
For the Filet Mignon and Asparagus:
- (2) 6 oz. Beef Boneless Filet Steaks
- 1 lb. Asparagus Spears
- 1 tsp. Garlic and Herb Butter
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- 2 Large Brown Eggs
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp. Red Cayenne Pepper
- Dash Black Pepper
- Dash Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp. Butter
To make the hollandaise sauce:
- Add a small amount of water to a small cooking pot and turn on low heat.
- Separate your egg yolks from the egg whites. You can discard or use the egg white in another recipe.
- In a medium bowl, add egg yolk only, lemon juice, red pepper, sea salt, black pepper, and quickly whisk until it rises.
- Place your bowl over the small pot of water. Continue whisking the egg yoke and begin to slowly add the hot melted butter into the bowl while holding the bowl on the pot. Whisk until the ingredients are blended very well. Remove from heat and set aside.
To make the filets:
- Allow steak to come to room temperature before cooking. Season steaks with Himalayan sea salt and black pepper evenly on both sides.
- Heat cast-iron skillet to medium to high heat and oven to 400 degrees. Add 2 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil to heated skillet and place your steaks in skillet. Allow the steaks to cook for 5 minutes on one side and then 4 minutes on the other.
- Top each steak with 1/2 tsp garlic and herb butter, and place them (still in the cast iron) in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Once complete, remove the filets from the cast iron and allow them to rest.
To make the asparagus:
- In a separate cooking pan on medium heat, add your butter and minced garlic.
- Cut the root ends (about an inch off) of the asparagus spears, season with garlic powder, and saute for 10 minutes. Once asparagus is cooked, pour Hollandaise Sauce over the asparagus and serve with steaks.
When whisking your egg yolks, be sure to whisk continuously and fast. Also, be sure the melted butter is hot as this will help the sauce bind to create that creamy and velvety texture.
This timing is for medium steaks. Adjust the baking time accordingly for medium-rare or medium-well filets.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Seared
- Cuisine: Dutch
- Calories: 786
- Fat: 48.5g
Keywords: Filet Mignon, Sauteed Asparagus, Hollandaise Sauce, Filet Mignon for two