Say goodbye to frozen fish sticks and say hello to a new and improved version of a childhood favorite…my Crispy Fried Red Snapper Fish Sticks!
- 1 lb Fresh Red Snapper
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1–1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Cilantro Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Creole Seasoning
- Begin by cutting the red snapper into small rectangular shaped pieces then add to a large bowl.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium/high heat and add cooking oil.
- Season fish with sea salt, black pepper and Creole Seasoning then mix together with hands. Coat fish with 1/4 cup of flour.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and heavy whipping cream and whisk until smooth.
- You will need 2 large zip lock bags. In one large zip lock bag add 1 cup flour, garlic powder and cilantro flakes and in the second bag add panko breadcrumbs and Italian breadcrumbs.
- Coat fish in egg mixture the add fish to the flour bag. Coat evenly.
- Add fish back into the egg mixture then add into the breadcrumb bag. Coat evenly.
- Cook each piece of fish for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve hot.
Be aware of bones in the fish as you are cutting your red snapper into fish sticks. There is line of bones that starts in the center of a fillet and goes about half way down. You’ll want to use the fish around the bone for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 5.1g
Keywords: fish sticks, fried fish, red snapper fish sticks, fried red snapper, fried fish sticks