Made with sweet potatoes, zucchini, and a soft-ripened triple-cream cheese, this Zucchini and Sweet Potato Soup is perfect all year long. Who knew combining zucchini and sweet potato would be so awesome!
- 1 lb. zucchini squash
- 1 sweet potato
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb. Le Delice De Bourgogne Cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 leek
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cut the lower white/light-green stem from the whole leek. Chop the leek, onion, celery, and fresh rosemary. Remove the small leaves from the stem of the fresh thyme. Set to the side.
- Remove the skin from the sweet potato and cut it into large chunks. Cut the zucchini into large pieces. Set to the side.
- In a large cooking pot, add 2 tbsp of butter and the leeks, Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and 2 tbsp minced garlic. Cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, zucchini, sea salt, black pepper, rosemary, and thyme to the pot. Cook for an additional 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth. Turn heat to high and cook on high for another 10 minutes. Lower heat to medium and cook for 5 additional minutes. Remove pot from heat and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Add all cooked ingredients into blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour soup through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl. Add ingredients from the bowl back to the pot and turn the heat to low.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp minced garlic, heavy cream, and Le Delice De Bourgogne Cheese to the pot and stir until combined and smooth.
- Serve topped with roasted sweet potatoes and zucchini.
- And seasonings your veggies is essential while they’re cooking (and before blending). This brings their flavors out even more.
- The Le Delice De Bourgogne Cheese or Brillat Savarin Cheese is the secret ingredient to giving this dish that slightly Parmesan cheese taste that brings the richness of the flavors together. The cheese type is critical to the recipe’s success, so I would only use triple-cream cheeses.
- Allow your cooked ingredients to cool slightly before adding them to the blender, and pour the soup ingredients into the blender using a bowl and measuring cup with a spout. You don’t want soup splashing all over you. 🙂
- Use a fine mesh to strain the soup before adding it back into the pot for the final step (adding your cheese, butter, and garlic).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Sodium: 657mg
- Fat: 14.4g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
Keywords: Zucchini and Sweet Potato Soup, sweet potato soup, vegetable soup