When you want a tasty soup on any day of the week, this Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup will fit the bill. It’s creamy, rich, and savory with a well-balanced amount of heartiness, and of course, flavor.
- 1 bag of Success Rice, 3.5 oz. bag
- 2/3 cup Carrots, chopped and roasted
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 Whole White Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 8 oz. Fresh Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 lb. Chicken, shredded
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Cilantro Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- Chop the carrots into small slices removing the stem and coat with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet . Bake the carrots for 20 minutes at 400 degrees tossing at the halfway mark (10 minutes). Set to the side when done.
- Chop the celery and onion into small pieces. Set to the side.
- Boil a bag of Success Rice according to instructions, drain, and set to the side.
- Heat a cooking pot at medium heat. Add butter, chopped onions, and chopped celery allowing them to cook for 2 to 3 minutes before adding the minced garlic. Continue to cook until the onions become translucent.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add your roasted carrots, shredded chicken, chicken stock, and seasonings to the pot.
- Bring the pot to a slight boil then cover and lower heat to low heat cooking and cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer then stir in your Success Rice, heavy whipping cream, and Grated Parmesan Cheese. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
- Category: Comfort Food
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 381
- Sugar: 2.7g
- Sodium: 722mg
- Fat: 17.2g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 23.9g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
Keywords: Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup, Chicken and Rice Soup, Chicken Soup