Made with four cheeses this baked mac and cheese recipe gets its creaminess and cheesiness from homemade mornay sauce (made from béchamel).
- 5 cups Large Macaroni Pasta, dry/uncooked
- 16 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 16 oz. Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Ground Thyme
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- Cook macaroni pasta as instructed, drain (do not rinse), add to a large bowl once complete.
- While your pasta is cooking, add butter and garlic to the cooking pan on medium-low heat. Once butter melts, add flour. Stir consistently until combined. Pour chicken stock and heavy whipping into the pan and stir until mixture is well blended.
- Add seasonings, half (8 oz.) sharp cheddar, gouda, and white cheddar cheese into the sauce and stir until smooth and creamy. (Using a whisk may help with this step).
- Pour sauce over the cooked macaroni. Cut the mozzarella cheese block into chunks add to the same bowl. Fold ingredients together.
- Pour ingredients into a casserole dish and top off with remaining sharp cheddar cheese. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool then serve.
Perfect for the holidays, this recipe prepares a large casserole for a small gathering of 8-10. Feel free to cut the recipe in half if only needed for a smaller gathering of 4.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Comfort Food
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 660
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Sodium: 780mg
- Fat: 38.8g
- Carbohydrates: 40.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 36.4g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
Keywords: Creamy Baked Four-Cheese Mac and Cheese, Four-Cheese Mac and Cheese, Baked Mac and Cheese, Creamy Mac and Cheese, macaroni and cheese