Made with four cheeses this baked mac and cheese recipe gets its creaminess and cheesiness from homemade mornay sauce (made from béchamel).
- 5 cups Large Macaroni Pasta, dry/uncooked
- 16 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 16 oz. Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Ground Thyme
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- Cook macaroni pasta as instructed, drain (do not rinse), add to a large bowl once complete.
- While your pasta is cooking, add butter and garlic to the cooking pan on medium-low heat. Once butter melts, add flour. Stir consistently until combined. Pour chicken stock and heavy whipping into the pan and stir until mixture is well blended.
- Add seasonings, half (8 oz.) sharp cheddar, gouda, and white cheddar cheese into the sauce and stir until smooth and creamy. (Using a whisk (paid link) may help with this step).
- Pour sauce over the cooked macaroni. Cut the mozzarella cheese block into chunks add to the same bowl. Fold ingredients together.
- Pour ingredients into a casserole dish (paid link) and top off with remaining sharp cheddar cheese. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool then serve.
Perfect for the holidays, this recipe prepares a large casserole for a small gathering of 8-10. Feel free to cut the recipe in half if only needed for a smaller gathering of 4.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Comfort Food
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 660
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Sodium: 780mg
- Fat: 38.8g
- Carbohydrates: 40.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 36.4g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
Keywords: Creamy Baked Four-Cheese Mac and Cheese, Four-Cheese Mac and Cheese, Baked Mac and Cheese, Creamy Mac and Cheese, macaroni and cheese