This easy Cheeseburger Pizza recipe is the best of both worlds combined to make this family-friendly pie that’s perfect for pizza night.
- 1/3 cup pastry flour
- 1 lb. fresh pizza dough
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 28 oz. fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup white cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup mild cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread pastry flour over the kitchen countertop.
- Place the fresh dough onto flour and stretch and shape the dough into a circle using hands. Finish shaping and flattening with a roller, then place on a pizza stone.
- Heat cooking pan to medium heat. Add the ground beef, sea salt, black pepper, chili powder, and ground cumin. Cook until browned, then set to the side.
- Heat to medium heat in a separate cooking pot, then add crushed tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and oregano. Cook for 5 minutes. Spread tomato sauce evenly over the pizza dough.
- Spread drained ground beef over the tomato sauce and top off with white cheddar, mild cheddar, and mozzarella cheese. Add sliced tomatoes and chopped basil.
- Cook pizza for 18-20 minutes.
- Seasoning your ground beef is a must! Don’t just brown the beef — give it a little upgrade!
- Allow your fresh to come to room temperature before you begin stretching and rolling it out. It will be much easier to work with your dough when it’s not cold.
- And while we’re on the subject of “rolling dough.” You’ll actually wasn’t to use your hands to stretch the dough first as much as possible before rolling it. Get it to the size you need, then use a roller to finish the process. Minimize the rolling as much as you can, as this will stiffen your dough.
- When baking your pizza, use a pizza stone if you have one handy. Pizza stones mimic the result you would get from a brick pizza oven (like the legit pizzeria’s use). The stone retains heat well and evenly.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 432
- Fat: 25.7g
Keywords: Cheeseburger Pizza, beef pizza