When you want to take a round trip to Chicago with a layover in south Louisiana, give this Cajun Chicken Sausage Deep Dish Pizza Pie a try!
- 1 lb. Fresh Pizza Dough
- 13 oz. Roasted Chicken Sausage
- 28 oz. Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lb. Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 12 oz. Pepper Jack Cheese Shredded
- 5 oz. Fresh Mushrooms
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1/3 cup Pastry Flour
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop your vegetables, mozzarella cheese block and sausage into small pieces and set to the side.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and add 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Cook vegetables with oregano for 8 minutes. Push to one side of the pan and cook the chopped sausage for 7 minutes on the other. Remove from heat.
- Add flour to clean counter top and form pizza dough into a 15 inch circle. Add dough into the springform baking pan and allow the ends of the dough to slightly hang over the sides.
- Start the bottom layer of the pizza with the chopped mozzarella then add 8 ounces of the Pepper Jack cheese. Place the cooked vegetables over the cheese and add a layer of the cooked chicken sausage over the top leaving a hand full to top the pizza off to the side.
- Strain the crushed tomato sauce and spread over the top of the pizza then sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the tomatoes. Top off the pizza with the remaining Pepper Jack cheese and remaining chicken sausage.
- Fold the sides of the dough into the inside sides of the baking pan and place springform pan onto a large flat baking pan to catch the drippings.
- Bake pizza at 425 degrees for 15 minutes then lower heat to 400 degrees to cook for another 15 minutes then remove from heat. Allow pizza to cool for 20-30 minutes then serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 523
- Fat: 31.1g
Keywords: pizza, deep dish pizza, chicken pizza, cajun chicken pizza, chicken sausage pizza