My Cajun Chicken Sausage Alfredo Pasta uses the “Holy Trinity” as a core ingredient; a staple of Cajun and Creole cooking made up of onion, celery, and bell pepper.
- 16 oz. Extra Wide Egg Noodle Pasta
- 2 and 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 and 1/2 lb Smoked Chicken Sausage
- 1 and 1/2 cup Parmesan Grated Cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chopped Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup Chopped Celery
- 2 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- Begin by cutting the sausage links into slices and chop the peppers, onion and celery into small chunks (if not already pre-chopped).
- Boil the egg noodle pasta according to the instructions and set to the side when done.
- In a separate large pot, bring heat to medium then add 1 tbsp of butter. Add chopped peppers, onion and celery to heated pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add sliced chicken sausage to the pot with pepper mixture and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Push the sausage and pepper mixture to one side of the pot then add 3 tbsp of butter to the other side. Once butter is melted, add minced garlic and flour and stir until it begins to thicken. Add heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese and Creole seasoning then stir everything together.
- Slightly lower the heat then add oregano and black pepper. Cook until everything begins to blend then add the cooked pasta to the pot. Bring heat to a simmer and allow pasta to cook for 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Allow to cool then serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Cajun
- Calories: 614
- Sodium: 1325mg
- Fat: 39.1g
- Carbohydrates: 43.8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 45.3g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
Keywords: Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta, Chicken Alfredo Pasta, Alfredo Pasta