The Vegetable Breakfast Skillet combines tender, diced potatoes, peppers, and onions with a homemade cream sauce made with fire-roasted poblano pepper. It’s a fairly simple breakfast to pull together and it’s gluten-free too!
For the vegetable breakfast skillet:
- 3 cup Diced Hash Brown Potatoes
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 1/2 Poblano pepper
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Small Yellow Onion
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Goya Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Butter
For the fire-roasted poblano Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 Poblano Pepper
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Creme Fraîche
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce, optional
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Goya Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning
- 2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Roast the poblano pepper over an open fire for 2 minutes on each side. Cut the Poblano pepper into small pieces (you will use half for this step) along with your onion, red pepper, and green pepper. Make sure to remove the top, stem, and seeds.
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 of your chopped poblano pepper and all other sauce ingredients. Mix well and set to the side.
- Heat cooking pan to medium heat. Add cooking oil then add chopped vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add butter, diced potatoes, and Goya Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning to the skillet with vegetables. Cook for 12 to 14 minutes. Diced hash browns should be golden brown.
- Heat a separate cooking pan to medium heat. Add eggs to pan cooking them sunny side up. Cover eggs until the egg white forms to desired consistency. Place egg on top of potatoes.
- Top off with the desired amount of the poblano cream sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 198
- Fat: 8.4g
Keywords: breakfast skillet, vegetable breakfast skillet