A delicious, gluten-free Vegetarian Eggplant Lasagna that is perfect for Meatless Mondays and really just about any time!
- 1 Whole Eggplant
- 8 oz. Fresh Mushrooms
- 28 oz. Crushed Tomatoes
- 8 oz. Parmesan Cheese
- 16 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 Large Organic Eggs
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 Sour Cream
- 8 oz. Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Basil Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- Begin by cutting the eggplant into 1-inch slices and adding a dash of salt to each side. Allow the moisture to “sweat” out for 30 minutes. Wipe away excess moisture during this time.
- In one large bowl add coconut flour. In a second bowl combine 2 eggs and milk. Lastly, add 4 oz of Parmesan cheese to a third large bowl.
- Once the eggplant is ready, coat with coconut flour then add to the egg mixture, then to the Parmesan cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the eggplant with any remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook the eggplant slices for 10 minutes each side. Set to the side when done.
- In a cooking pan, saute the mushrooms on medium heat for 5 minutes. Set to the side.
- While the eggplant is baking, add crushed tomatoes, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and basil leaves into a cooking pan. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, 1 egg, and oregano.
- Add a layer of the tomato mixture to the bottom of a baking pan. Top with a layer of baked eggplant. Top the eggplant with a layer of the cream cheese mixture then top with another layer of tomato mixture. Add layer of mushrooms. Add a layer of 8oz. mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of eggplant over the cheese. Top with remaining tomato sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the dish for 30 minutes at 375 degrees. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve hot!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 465
- Fat: 25g
Keywords: Vegetarian Eggplant Lasagna, Vegetarian Lasagna, Eggplant Lasagna, Lasagna