My Southwestern Egg Rolls, made with rotisserie chicken, are the perfect appetizer and will be a surefire hit for your next game night or gathering.
- 1 Whole Rotisserie Chicken (Pre-Cooked)
- 6 oz Black Beans
- 1 cup Sweet Corn
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pico De Gallo
- 4 or more Flour Tortillas
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Begin by breaking down the rotisserie chicken into shredded pieces and place to the side.
- In a cooking pan on medium heat, add black beans, sweet corn and paprika then cook covered until tender for 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium/low heat and add all ingredients (except the flour tortilla shells). Cook for 5 minutes and simmer for 5 additional minutes.
- Add a tbsp of the chicken mixture into the center of the flour tortilla and fold from the bottom first, then the sides in and roll until its filling in sealed tight.Rrepeat for each egg roll being prepared.
- Slightly scramble the egg in a bowl and coat each of the tortilla shells with the egg. Place to the side.
- In a separate cooking pan, pre-heat to medium/high heat and add about 1 cup of cooking oil to the pan.
- Fry each roll until browned on each side. Remove from heat and cut diagonally.
- Serve hot with choice of dipping sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: Southwestern
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 4g
Keywords: Southwestern Egg Rolls , Southwestern Chicken Egg Rolls, Rotisserie Chicken Egg Rolls