This One-Pan Lime Chicken with Cilantro Rice pairs juicy, tangy chicken thighs with lime-infused cilantro and basmati rice.
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Cilantro Flakes
- 3/4 tsp Onion Powder, divided
- 2 tsp Salt, divided
- 2 tsp Black Pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Lime Juice, divided
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice
- 2 tsp Lime Zest
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- Fresh Lime
- Pat the chicken thighs dry and season evenly with smoked paprika, cilantro flakes, ¼ tsp
onion powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp black pepper. Drizzle 1 Tbsp lime juice over the chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet at medium-high heat. Place chicken thighs skin side down and sear
for 5 to 6 minutes on each side until golden and crispy. Remove chicken from the skillet and
set to the side.
- Lower skillet heat to medium. Add butter and garlic, stirring for 1 minute until the garlic is
- Add the basmati rice, ¼ cup lime juice, lime zest, ½ tsp onion powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp
black pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add fresh cilantro and chicken stock. Stir to immerse rice in stock fully. Brings ingredients to
a slight boil, then slightly reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Return the chicken thighs to the skillet skin side up, cover with lid, and simmer for 15
minutes until the rice is fully cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow the chicken and rice to rest uncovered for 10 minutes. Finish with a drizzle of fresh lime juice to serve.
After searing your chicken thighs, you may find excess liquid in the pot. You can discard or
leave a little behind for added flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 513
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 1314mg
- Fat: 17.6g
- Carbohydrates: 39.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 46.3g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
Keywords: One-Pan Lime Chicken with Cilantro Rice, Lime Chicken, Cilantro Rice