New Orleans Beignets --- deep-fried, puffy, square powdered sugar-covered donuts. This homemade recipe will trasport you back to Nawlins as soon as you take that first bite! Beignets can be enjoyed as brekfast or dessert.
- 2 3/4 cup Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Powered Sugar
- Begin by adding your egg into a large bowl and slightly scramble it. Add your melted butter, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and almond extract. Mix.
- Using a large spoon, slowly add in the Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix. Fold the dough to combine.
- Place pastry flour over your surface and knead your dough for a few minutes. Flatten your dough until thin with a roller. Cut dough into square blocks.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium/high heat.
- Test your temperature by adding a small piece of dough into the oil and if it rises immediately you are ready to begin cooking.
- Cook each piece for 10 seconds each side. Set to the side. Drain. Cover with powdered sugar and enjoy immediately.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Deep Fry
- Cuisine: Cajun
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: .2g
- Sodium: 66mg
- Fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrates: 39.8g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
Keywords: New Orleans Beignets, Southern Beignets, Beignets, Breakfast Beignets