The Beef Meatballs with Sage Brown Butter Sauce are made with well seasoned and tender beef meatballs covered in a sage-flavored sauce made from brown butter.
- 2 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Chopped Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
For the Brown Sauce:
- 10 Whole Sage Leaves
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Chop fresh oregano leaves into fine pieces.
- Add ground beef, chopped oregano, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, egg, paprika, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder to a large bowl. Mix using hands.
- Form palm-sized meatballs and place them on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- For brown butter sage sauce, heat skillet to medium heat. Add butter. Once the butter begins to foam (around 3 minutes), add in the minced garlic and fresh sage. Continue to stir continuously and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes. It is done when your sauce is a deep golden brown and brown speckles can be seen on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove meatballs from the oven. Place on serving dish and pour the sauce over the meatballs.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Use a light-colored pan so you can monitor the butter and look for the caramelized milk solids to form at the bottom of the pan.
- Butter can burn easily so keeps your eyes on the pan the entire time.
- Make sure your butter is room temperature before adding it to the pan.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bakes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 368
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Sodium: 224mg
- Fat: 20.2g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 37.1g
- Cholesterol: 155mg
Keywords: Meatballs with Sage Brown Sauce, Sage Meatballs, Sage Brown Sauce