This Italian Beef and Pepperoni Stromboli is loaded with lots of cheese and meats for one of the best pizza turnovers you’ve ever tasted.
- 1 lb. Fresh Pizza Dough
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 4 oz. Turkey Pepperoni
- 16 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp. Basil Flakes
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1 cup Marinara Tomato Sauce
- Spread pastry flour over kitchen counter top. Place fresh dough onto flour and begin to shape dough into a rectangle using hands. Finish shaping and flattening with roller.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat then add ground beef and season beef with Italian seasoning, sea salt and black pepper. Cook meat until brown, drain excess grease and set to the side when done.
- Add marinara sauce to the pizza dough spreading evenly then top off with grated Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Spread 3 ounces pepperoni over the sauce then add the cooked ground beef evenly.
- Add 12 ounces of the mozzarella cheese over the top of ingredients. Top off with the remaining pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Spread the basil flakes over the top of the cheese.
- Fold the width ends slightly over the edge. Roll the dough up like a cinnamon roll and pinch the edges to seal and fold where the seam is. Lay the Stromboli seam side down.
- Add the cornmeal to the bottom of the baking pan and place the Stromboli on top of the cornmeal.
- Add egg and 1 tsp of water into a small bowl and whisk (paid link). Brush Stromboli with the egg and cut small slits in the top.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees and cook the Stromboli for 20 minutes. Remove from oven once done and serve with marinara sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 821
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 1524mg
- Fat: 48.6g
- Carbohydrates: 35.9g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 60.3g
- Cholesterol: 148mg
Keywords: Italian Beef and Pepperoni Stromboli, Beef and Pepperoni Stromboli, Beef Stromboli, Pepperoni Stromboli