Cajun White Beans combining coconut milk and Cajun seasonings resulting in an Instant Pot (paid link) recipe full of flavor. Makes for the perfect meal or side dish.
- 1 lb Navy Beans
- 3 cup Chicken Stock
- 15 oz. Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 1/2 cup Green Onions
- 1 Zatarain’s Crab Boil Bag (3 oz.)
- 13 oz. Beef Sausage
- 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/8 tsp Red Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground All Spice
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute mode and wait until it displays “Hot”.
- Chop your onions, then add butter, chopped onions, green onions, and minced garlic into Instant Pot (paid link). Cook until translucent.
- Slice your beef sausage into small cubes and add to the Instant Pot (paid link). Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot (paid link) placing the crab boil bag on the top before closing the lid.
- Change your mode setting on the Instant Pot (paid link) to Pressure Cook (at high pressure) for 45 minutes.
- Close the Instant Pot (paid link) lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealed position.
- When the cooking time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 15 minutes by leaving the Instant Pot (paid link) alone.
- Once the beans are done cooking, turn the steam release valve to the venting position to ensure all pressure has been released. Once the pin has dropped down, carefully open the Instant Pot (paid link) lid.
- Using a large spoon, carefully remove the Cajun seasoning bag. Serve immediately with rice.
If the Cajun seasoning bag breaks during cooking, using a large spoon, make sure you have removed any excess that could have spilled out.
If you don’t have Zatarain’s available in your area, here is a great recipe for how to make an alternative: https://www.food.com/recipe/zatarains-copycat-crab-boil-mix-179335
I use the Instant Pot (paid link) DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 80 minutes
- Category: Beans
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Cajun
- Calories: 434
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 722mg
- Fat: 19.2g
- Carbohydrates: 42.5g
- Fiber: 16.2g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
Keywords: Cajun White Beans, Instant Pot beans, white beans, beans, navy beans