This delicious Funnel Cake with Homemade Strawberry Sauce is made with simple ingredients but once it’s fried it transforms into something you will crave all the time!
- 1 and 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2/3 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1/4 cup Powder Sugar
- Whipped Cream (topping)
- Strawberry Sauce:
- 2 cup Strawberries
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Begin by pre-heating cooking pan to medium-heat and adding 1 inch of cooking oil.
- In a bowl, add All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Melted Butter, Baking Powder, Evaporated Milk and Large Organic Egg. Blend together well.
- Add the cake mixture into a large pastry bag or zip lock bag (in this case you’ll need to cut a hole in the corner) and use your index finger to stop the flow of the batter.
- Bring the funnel cake batter over the hot oil and release your finger to start a stream of batter while dropping the batter in a circular motion. Fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown then set to side. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- For the strawberry sauce, pre-heat cooking pot medium-high heat and add all sauce ingredients.
- Once the pot begins to boil, lower heat to medium-low heat and cover for 15 minutes. Remove from heat when done. Top off funnel cake with strawberry sauce and whipped cream and serve immediately.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 913
- Fat: 33.1g
Keywords: Funnel Cake with Homemade Strawberry Sauce, Funnel Cake, Homemade Strawberry Sauce, carnival desserts