Baking this delicious Chilean Sea Bass in foil along with garlic cream spinach served topped with a lemon parmesan cream sauce makes for the perfect dinner idea anytime!
- 1 lb Chilean Sea Bass
- 12 oz. Fresh Leaf Spinach
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. Butter
For the Lemon Parmesan Sauce:
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 3 tsp. Minced Garlic
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the sea bass on both sides with sea salt, black pepper, and Creole seasoning and set to the side.
- Heat cooking pan to medium heat and add butter. Once the butter melts, add minced garlic and cook garlic for 1 minute. Add the spinach and pour 1/4 cup of heavy cream over the spinach. Cook spinach just until it begins to wilt but do not overcook. Remove from heat.
- Tear 2 large pieces of foil and add half of the slightly cooked spinach in the center of each sheet. Place the sea bass over the spinach and seal the foil together so the fish can steam.
- Bake the fish for 12 minutes within the foil on a baking sheet to prevent leakage. Set to the side when done.
- While the fish is cooking, heat a separate cooking pan to medium heat and add butter. Once the butter melts, add flour, minced garlic, and allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add white wine (or white cooking wine) and chicken broth and cook for 3 minutes. Add the heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, and sea salt.
- Zest the skin of the lemon into the sauce and slice the lemon in half and squeeze both halves of juice into the sauce. Cook on low/medium heat until it binds together.
- Remove the cooked fish and spinach from the foil. Pour on the sauce. Serve hot.
You can substitute any white, flaky fish in this recipe. For example, cod, red snapper, grouper, etc.
The lemon parmesan sauce is perfect on many other dishes, including pasta!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 930
- Fat: 32.5g
Keywords: chilean sea bass,lemon parmesan cream sauce, baked fish, foil baked fish, baked chilean sea bass, roasted bass