Loaded with ripe bananas and fresh blueberries, this Blueberry Banana Bread recipe is moist, tender, and filled with naturally sweet flavors.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted and melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Add eggs, light brown sugar, mashed ripe bananas, vanilla extract, and melted butter in a large bowl. Blend until smooth and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine bread flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Slowly fold your flour (dry) mixture into the wet ingredients using a spatula. Do not overmix.
- Fold in your sour cream until fully combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Oil and lightly flour your a 9×5 loaf pan. Pour bread batter into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set the loaf, still in the pan, on a wire cooling rack. Let it cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool another 10 minutes. Serve!
If you do not have ripe bananas and want to ripen them, place foil on top of a baking sheet and place bananas on top of the foil quickly. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes or until the bananas turn black. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 3.9g
Keywords: Blueberry Banana Bread, Banana Bread, Blueberry Bread, Bread Recipes