This boozy Deconstructed Chocolate & Cherry Tiramisu takes classic tiramisu and turns it into a simple, yet indulgent dessert for two.
- 6 Savoiardi Lady Fingers
- 2 tbsp dark cherry syrup
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Ghirardelli Chocolate Sauce
- 2 tbsp chocolate shavings
- 6 cocktail cherries
- In a medium bowl, combine the dark cherry syrup, dark rum, and coffee liqueur.
- Dip your Savoiardi Lady Fingers in the liquid mixture for 2 seconds on each side and set to the side for a later step.
- Combine the cream cheese, fresh mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, ground cinnamon, sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a separate medium bowl. Set to the side
- To build your deconstructed tiramisu, add a small dollop of the mascarpone mixture to the bottom of your bowl, layer with 3 halved soaked ladyfingers, add a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and top with another layer of the mascarpone mixture.
- Top with a dusting of cocoa powder, cherries, and chocolate shavings.
- If you want to omit liquor or make this a family-friendly dessert, you can substitute cooled coffee for the dark rum and coffee liqueur.
- Your ladyfingers should be dipped in your liquid mixture for a few seconds on each side. Otherwise, your ladyfingers will be too soggy.
- If you can’t get your hands on mascarpone cheese, you can substitute it for cream cheese or fresh ricotta cheese.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 1062
- Sugar: 104g
- Sodium: 492mg
- Fat: 42.9g
- Saturated Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 129.3g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 18.2g
- Cholesterol: 183mg
Keywords: Deconstructed Chocolate & Cherry Tiramisu, Deconstructed Tiramisu, Tiramisu