My Creamy Chicken Marsala can be enjoyed alone, with a side of vegetables, or on a bed of rice — which is my go to so I can drizzle on tons of that creamy sauce!
- 1 lb. Organic Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1/3 cup Dry Marsala Cooking Wine
- 1/3 cup Organic Chicken Stock
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 oz. Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tbsp. All Purpose Flour (separate 2 tsp for sauce)
- 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Thyme
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
- Begin by slicing the chicken breast using the butterfly technique. Season both sides with black pepper, salt, 2 tsp ground cumin and paprika. Slightly coat each side of the chicken breast with flour leaving 2 tsp of flour to the side for the sauce.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat. Add cooking oil. Cook each chicken piece for 4 minutes on each side and set the the side when done.
- Remove access oil from pan. Slightly lower heat to medium/low heat. Add butter, minced garlic and mushrooms allowing to cook for a few minutes while stirring. Add Marsala cooking wine and chicken stock to the pan and allow to cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Add whipping cream, oregano, garlic powder and stir.
- Add chicken and 2 tsp of flour to the pan stir and allow all ingredients to cook together for 8 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Butterflying is a technique used to make the chicken thinner, which allows it to cook faster. Here is a video on the technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqjfQP3Mp2k
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 6.4g
Keywords: Chicken Marsala, marsala sauce