Savory stuffed mushrooms made with homemade chimichurri and roasted poblano pepper and three cheeses make for the perfect appetizer or snack.
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 whole poblano pepper, roasted
- 16 oz whole Baby Bella mushroom
- 8 oz Neufchatel Cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- Add the fresh parsley, olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, black pepper, crushed red peppers, Himalayan pink salt, and garlic powder into the food processor and blend until smooth. Set to the side.
- Roast poblano pepper on an open flame until charred, then allow to cool before removing seeds and stem. Set to the side.
- Remove stems from the whole mushrooms and remove gills from mushroom cap.
- Place the mushroom stems and poblano pepper into the food processor and blend for approximately 30 seconds. Set to the side.
- Heat a skillet at medium heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook mushroom stem and poblano mixture for 5 minutes. Set to the side.
- In a large bowl, add the Neufchatel cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, cooked mushroom and poblano mixture, thyme, chimichurri sauce, and 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs and mix until combined.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the filling, then top off with remaining Panko breadcrumbs.
- Place mushrooms on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Allow to cool, then serve.
You can use cremini mushrooms in place of Baby Bella mushrooms if you prefer.
If you don’t have Neufchatel cheese on hand, you can substitute traditional cream cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Low Carb
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 417
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 625mg
- Fat: 34.1g
- Carbohydrates: 10.3g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 22.6g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
Keywords: Chimichurri and Poblano Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms, Stuffed Mushrooms