Chicken Enchilada Nachos made with shredded roasted chicken dripping in homemade enchilada sauce!
- 1 Pre-Cooked Whole Roasted Chicken
For the Cheese Sauce:
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 2–1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
For the Enchilada Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Safflower Seed Oil
- 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- Tortilla Chips
- Sour Cream
- Pico De Gallo
- Chopped Green Onions
- Begin by breaking down the whole roasted chicken into shredded pieces then set to the side.
- For the cheese sauce, pre-heat cooking pan to medium/low heat and add butter.
- Once butter melts, add flour and stir until it binds then add chicken broth.
- Once the chicken broth begins to bind, add whipping cream, garlic powder, black pepper and Parmesan cheese and stir for a few minutes then add cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese while stirring until it’s smooth.
- For the enchilada sauce, pre-heat separate cooking pan to medium/low heat then add safflower seed oil and minced garlic.
- Once it cooks for a minute, add flour, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika and ground cumin then stir until it binds.
- Add tomato sauce, sea salt and black pepper then stir until it binds.
- Once complete, add chicken broth and allow to cook for a few minutes then add the shredded chicken to the sauce.
- Once the sauce cooks for 4 minutes with chicken remove from heat and begin to build the nacho.
- Add tortilla chips to bottom of bowl, add chicken and sauce mixture then top off with cheese sauce.
- Add additional toppings if desired and serve hot.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- Calories: 507
- Fat: 17.3g
Keywords: Chicken Enchilada Nachos, Chicken Nachos